I have been sitting at home all day with a fever, cough, sore throat, & body aches. What does this mean? Swine Flu!
So I spent the entire weekend with Mary Susan. On Saturday at Alli's shower, she was complaining about not feeling well, but she didn't want to give up the opportunity to go to the Journey concert that night. She took some medicine & decided to
go on anyway. Well, while we were sitting on the lawn at the concert in the pouring rain, she got a text message saying that one of her little Kindergarden students had the Swine Flu. (This was the same student, who on Friday, had an accident during nap time. Mary not only slipped & fell in the puddle left on the floor, but also had to change him - major exposure!) Awesome!
go on anyway. Well, while we were sitting on the lawn at the concert in the pouring rain, she got a text message saying that one of her little Kindergarden students had the Swine Flu. (This was the same student, who on Friday, had an accident during nap time. Mary not only slipped & fell in the puddle left on the floor, but also had to change him - major exposure!) Awesome!Today, she ended up going to the doctor & they told her it was the flu! Since it is $300 to test to see if it is specifically the H1N1 virus (Swine Flu), doctors offices are assuming that everyone with these symptoms has the Swine Flu (since it is the main strand going around). So great - I have all the same symptoms she has & I'm trying to keep my fever under control. (Also, trying to keep Will away from me so he won't get sick!)
Swine Flu exposure #1
(sitting with Mary at the football game)
This weekend was full of friends, fun, football, & Swine Flu exposure! Friday night Will & I went to the GHS vs. NHHS football game. This was the 2nd football game we had been back to since we graduated. It was great to see some old friends & be back at the ol' Alma Mater.
Swine Flu exposure #2
On Saturday, Mary Susan, Joy, & I threw Alli a pottery shower at The Willows Pottery in Helen. This is the coolest place & such a cute idea for a bridal shower. Each guest painted either a dinner plate, salad plate, or a bowl in the design that Alli picked out. This is the platter that the hostesses gave to the bride - so cute!!!
Swine Flu exposure #3
(haha...yeah we're feeling good right there! Just wait!)
Saturday was also the night of the Journey concert!!! Will & I went to the concert with Erin, Daniel, & Erin's best friend, Danielle. Danielle had an extra ticket that she couldn't get rid of so Mary Susan claimed it. The concert was at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Alpharetta - such a cool atmosphere (minus the monsoon). I was definitely out of my element sitting in the grass in a torrential downpour (I'm a little too high maintenance for that), but the concert & the company was well worth it.



No comments:
Post a Comment