These past two years have FLOWN by! Being in graduate school really consumed my life...I'm sure that's why it seems like a blur. So here's what's been going on since the day we said "I do"...
We went to Asheville, North Carolina for our honeymoon. Talk about the most relaxing, low key vacation of my life. It was perfect bliss! I had just finished up my undergraduate degree at North Georgia, an internship at Coca-Cola, preparing for graduate school at Georgia, ONTOP of planning my wedding. It was so wonderful to venture up into the mountains with my new husband. We stayed at the most adorable bed & breakfast I have ever seen & had the entire honeymoon cottage to ourselves. We toured the Biltmore House (which we had been wanting to do for awhile), hiked to the waterfall on the estate, & did the wine tasting there. We had romantic dinners every night, shopped downtown, went antiquing (another one of our favorite things to do), watched movies, & were just completely wrapped up in each other for four days straight. Not to mention...completely relaxing from all of the exhausting (but fun) wedding festivities. I CANNOT wait to go back...

The day after we got back from our honeymoon, I walked in my graduation ceremony at North Georgia College. Somehow, I managed to get my degree in three years & graduate Magna Cum Laude. (My new hubby was proud.)
The same day I graduated, we bought our very first home! A two-bedroom, two-bathroom condo in Athens. (This is where we're still living.)
A fun "first" for us (well for me, actually) was going skiing at Beech Mountain, North Carolina in February 2008. We went with Will's work (Caldwell Electrical Contractors). Will was already a pro at skiing, but this was the very first time I had ever been. I picked it up after the first day.
This was also my first time ice skating! Surprisingly, this was harder for me than skiing was...again, Will was a pro (what else is new?)

On May 17, 2008, Will's sister, Erin, married her long time boyfriend, Daniel.
Erin with all her Bridesmaids...

Erin & Daniel got married at the Train Depot in Gainesville, Georgia.
Beautiful weather - Beautiful wedding!!!
This was our one-year anniversary. We spent one night at Lake Lanier Islands Resort. This is the same place we stayed on our wedding night!
We had a picnic dinner in our room - just the two of us. We had our same napkins, center piece, and toasting flutes as we did on our wedding day. Erin even made us a mini replica of our wedding cake!
March 1, 2009
This was our first snow in Athens! We both had the day off from school & work. We stayed home, played outside with our little doggies, and drank hot chocolate.
This is Missy and me playing in the backyard!

In April, we took our first big trip (since the honeymoon) to Washington, D.C. Our high school friend, Andy, lives & works up there at the Capitol. This is Andy & Will at the Capitol...Andy gave us a V.I.P. tour! =)
I used to visit Washington, D.C. every summer when I was younger with my family. I had already seen most of the cool things here, but Will had never been. Here I am in front of the Jefferson Memorial.
In front of the White House! This is somewhere I had never been before...a first for us both.
My cousin, Tom, was up in D.C. on business & we were able to meet up with him & my uncle to visit the Air & Space Museum.

This is when we drove up to Baltimore to watch the Orioles play. Andy had tickets on the 2nd row...we couldn't resist! We also made it to the Nationals Stadium...they were actually playing the Braves while we were up there! (The Braves won!)
Finally!!!!!! I finished my Master's degree! This was probably the biggest accomplishment of my life! I definitely celebrated...
Some close friends & I went out to Wild Wings in Gainesville the day of my graduation. Definitely blew off some steam from my final finals!!!

Celebration Round 2:
Will & I went to dinner at the Sun Dial (our most favorite restaurant!) compliments of daddy dearest! He was very proud of me, too! =)
Celebration Round 3:
Will rented a two-story house boat for my grand finale graduation party. We had BBQ & cookie cake to celebrate with some of my closest friends....good times!








No comments:
Post a Comment