So I guess I'll start from the beginning...the short version (well, maybe). Will & I got married August 4, 2007. We were 21-years old...young, little things. We started dating way back in 2000 when we were 14-years old & I had been dreaming of our wedding day ever since. I always dreamed of getting married at First Baptist Church. That's the church where my parents got married & I thought that the sanctuary was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. I loved that it was on Historic Green Street. I loved the big stained glass windows & the tall, white columns. I loved the big, beautiful chandeliers that hung from the enormous ceilings. In high school I can remember sitting in church on Sundays thinking about what it would be like to walk down that long aisle, wearing my white wedding gown with a train following behind me. I can't believe it's been 2 years since that day has come & gone...

My mother, on her wedding day, sat on this very same couch & had her picture taken in this same pose. When I was little I used to look through her wedding album and when I looked at this picture I always thought she was the most beautiful bride I had ever seen.

The first time my family had all been together in about 8 months. My older brother, Matt, flew in from California early the morning of my wedding. He was living out there working with the Air Force. I'm so thankful the whole family was able to be there.

My handsome little groom with the two men he looks up to the most. They all have the same little grin! =)
I absolutely adore this picture. These are all the people that are the most special to me. I love how every one's true personality shines through in this picture. Especially Will's adorable, shy embarrassment.
This is one of my FAVORITE pictures of Will from our wedding day. I think this just truly captures him...so shy but with that little grin that shows what a loving heart he has.
We chose not to see each other until the ceremony. But this was such an adorable way to have our picture taken together before the ceremony...with out seeing each other (the Kennison's were great photographers). We're both justa grinnin' away!
Heading down the aisle! I walked down the aisle to Trumpet Voluntary (the same song my mother walked down to on her wedding day - she was also escorted down the aisle by my dad...kinda weird!)
(Tom Smiley performed our wedding ceremony.)
We took a horse & carriage to our reception. Will truly made me a fairy tale princess that day (but really he always has!)
My colors were brown & a light teal blue. I fell in love with these topiaries that I found at Kirkland's. I used them, along with some antiqued, iron candlesticks, as my centerpieces.
Our first dance was to "At Last" by Etta James.
At Last, after 7 years, we were finally married!!!
And shy little Will going for the garter...
Such a perfect night.





















No comments:
Post a Comment