So just to bring us up to date: After I graduated from UGA, I have had a VERY difficult time finding a job. I have been on 8 different interviews (all of which have led to nothing) & have applied to COUNTLESS other positions - many of which aren't even in my field. So here is how my summer started...
Will totals my car.
Will hit deer #2 while heading from Gainesville to Athens going 60 mph - didn't even have time to hit the brakes.
But I didn't let that keep me down. I spent a good bit of the summer traveling...
Trip #1: Omaha
My older brother, Matt, got home from Qatar & was nice enough to fly me out to Omaha to visit him at the end of June. This was definitely an adventure seeing as though I had to fly from Atlanta to Houston, Houston to Denver, Denver to Omaha - BY MYSELF!!! This was something I had never done before, but I did it!!! Didn't even miss a flight! On the way home I flew Omaha to Chicago, Chicago to Atlanta. Whew!
One of the many Rock Band nights we had...this was followed by a karaoke session. Big brother loves to Rock & Roll (& party everyday...well that's what we did while I was up there.)
Trip #2: Litchfield Beach, South Carolina
As soon as I got back from Omaha, we left for the beach the next weekend for the 4th of July. We went with Erin & Daniel & two of their friends & were able to stay at Oma & PaBear's condo! Such a fun trip!
Trip #3: Savannah
For our two-year anniversary, we went to Savannah!!! This was us at 700 Drayton at the Mansion by Forsyth Park. Such a cool restaurant!!!

We also went on a river boat lunch cruise on the Savannah River. It was so neat to learn about Savannah from the river!

This was when we went on a horse & carriage tour of downtown Savannah. This was also a great way to learn about the city & see all the cool places in Savannah.

This was at dinner at Vic's on the River. Also, such a cool restaurant overlooking River Street & the Savannah River!

Before we headed back to Athens, we stopped over at Tybee Island.
The day after we got back from our wonderful little anniversary weekend get-a-way, we finally bought me a car! We looked for TWO MONTHS!!! (Not that I have really needed one this summer...not having a job & all...& being out of town so much!) This was not as fun & as exciting as I had always thought it would be! We finally decided on a 2006 Mercury Milan Premier. She is so beautiful - black on black leather with a MOON ROOF! (It's the closest thing to a convertible I'm gonna get right now.) I named her Millie. Millie the Milan! =)

This summer we also went to a Braves game with some friends. Will was randomly picked out of the stands to participate in a Stolen Base Challenge on the field in between innings. He had to run from right field to 2nd base, pick up the base, & head back to where he started in just 20 seconds. He missed it by just 2 seconds!!!

This summer we also went to a Braves game with some friends. Will was randomly picked out of the stands to participate in a Stolen Base Challenge on the field in between innings. He had to run from right field to 2nd base, pick up the base, & head back to where he started in just 20 seconds. He missed it by just 2 seconds!!!
For Will's 24th birthday I threw him a Braves Birthday Bash. A bunch of friends came over to cook out & watch the Braves game. Here is Will blowing out the candles on his Braves cake! =)

I went all out - Braves balloons, Braves plates & napkins, & baseball snacks. Will loved it!

The Churchills & Alan with the birthday boy. Will is wearing the t-shirt he won at the Braves game.

We played baseball outside after the game. Team Williams won!
So needless to say, I have definitely enjoyed having some time off this summer. Ever since I graduated from high school, my summers have been consumed with school. I really enjoyed traveling and spending time with friends - something I didn't get to do very often because of school. I'm definitely ready to get into a job & start making some money, though. I have patiently been waiting for God's direction. Though His timing is taking longer than I would like, I know He has a plan.

I went all out - Braves balloons, Braves plates & napkins, & baseball snacks. Will loved it!

The Churchills & Alan with the birthday boy. Will is wearing the t-shirt he won at the Braves game.

We played baseball outside after the game. Team Williams won!
So needless to say, I have definitely enjoyed having some time off this summer. Ever since I graduated from high school, my summers have been consumed with school. I really enjoyed traveling and spending time with friends - something I didn't get to do very often because of school. I'm definitely ready to get into a job & start making some money, though. I have patiently been waiting for God's direction. Though His timing is taking longer than I would like, I know He has a plan.







No comments:
Post a Comment