Sunday, February 21, 2010

Frog Hop 5K

Today I ran 5K #2 of this year. It was at Sandy Creek Park here in Athens & I was able to get Joy to run it with me! Athens has the BEST park program I have ever seen! Sandy Creek Park is so beautiful with so many amenities including a beach, canoes & kayaks, frisbee golf, a horse trail, & SO much more! Today was the PERFECT day to get outside & run, too!
Joy & me pre-race!

And we're off...all smiles at the beginning!

Just finished mile #1 (& a long, slow hill!)

Joy giving the "thumbs up"

Almost to mile #2 - still smiling!

Coming up on the GINORMOUS dam hill!

Coming to the finish line - game face!

Finished! Improved my time since January, too!

We did it!
Next...Dawg Trot 5K - March 20th! Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment