Monday, January 11, 2010

New Year's Resolution 5K

Well I ran my very 1st 5K this past weekend in Gainesville. My dad signed Brittany and me up to run it with him and Michael. Lakeview was putting the whole thing on to support their athletic program (I'm guessing). It was originally scheduled to be Saturday morning at 9:00, but due to all the snowy, icy weather they moved it to Sunday afternoon at 3:00. I decided to head on Saturday afternoon to run the course to just to see how hard it was and I made Will run it with me. We made it about 2.5 miles and then walked the last half mile. The course had a bunch of hard hills and it was really icy in spots, too.
Sunday turned out to be SOOOO cold! We absolutely froze! But we finished it & it turned out to be a lot of fun.


Here's Michael finishing the race. I think he got 1st place for his age group.
Here's Brittany & Me truckin' along...
We finished at 33:25
Dad heading towards the finish line.
I'm looking forward to signing up for another one...& making Will do it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment