Tuesday, December 1, 2009

On your mark, get set, Shred!

This is the 1st time in my life that I have not had free access to a gym...EVER! And for the past 6 months my body has been paying for it. So I have been having to come up with creative ways to stay fit. Don't get me wrong - I am a FIRM believer that you don't need an expensive gym membership to stay in shape! But being creative & keeping with it is a bit more challenging.
So, starting today, this is one of the creative things that I'm going to try...

I have been obsessed with Jillian Michaels ever since I watched the Biggest Loser for the first time! I love her intensity & her motivational techniques are insane! Not to mention she actually knows what she's talking about. I heard about this 30 Day Shred "deal" from a friend. You do this DVD every single day for 30 days. It claims you can lose 20 pounds in 30 days...now I don't buy that (at least not without some major eating changes - which by the way I'm not really willing to do) but I am hoping for some toning results. In reality, you don't usually see muscular differences until at least 8 weeks & you don't see significant changes in body fat until about 12 weeks...so, 30 days? We'll see! Let the Shred begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment