Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Skydiving

In less than 12 hours I'm going skydiving.

Well...not really, but that's what it feels like. At 2:00 am I will embark on the 36-hour journey to Kenya, Africa for a 10-day mission trip.

I feel like I am in the plane & the instructor strapped to my back is about to force me out of the airplane door into the ride of my life. I have never wanted to go skydiving. How did I end up on this plane in the first place? I have absolutely no control over what is about to happen & there is no turning back - no getting out of it. I'm scared. I'm unsure. I don't know what's going to happen or how I will react to this experience. I do know, however, that it is going to be a once in a lifetime experience & a thrilling one, at that. But, what I am most looking forward to is getting my feet back on the ground & looking back & saying, "That was awesome!" The good thing about this "skydiving trip" is that the instructor strapped to my back is Jesus! He already knows every single thing that is going to happen. He is my comforter & my protector. And that is what gives me peace and assurance about the "jump".



"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Romans 8:28

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, you will have an amazing time! Sure, you'll see some things that are difficult to take in, but it will be such an enriching experience. Africa is beautiful, and the people are so kind and generous. Don't worry -- you'll have a great time, and I know you will never regret going. I can't wait to see pictures from your trip. I want to go back!!

    ReplyDelete