Monday, April 5, 2010

Sarah Lately...

What happened to Spring? I think we completely skipped it this year & went straight to summer. Anyway...we've been loving it! Will & I have stepped up our work-outs here lately. We did a 5 day trial at BodyPlex in Athens & another one at the Omni. I have LOVED getting back into some aerobics classes & I know Will has enjoyed lifting weights, too. Other than that, we've just been enjoying being outside, running, laying out at the pool, & cooking out.
A couple of weekends ago I went up & spent the night at Alli & Casey's house in Gainesville. Alli, Joy, & I had a girls night...we went & ate at Recess in downtown Gainesville, had some Merlot, & some fun conversations. I always have so much fun hanging out with the ol' roomies!

After dinner, we went back & spent the night at Alli's. We were mad at rude Mary Susan for ditching us! =(




This past Easter weekend, Will & I enjoyed a bright & sunny Athens! Will had Good Friday off so we packed up & went & had a picnic at Sandy Creek Park. This park has a beautiful sandy white beach on the lake. We set up our blanket & enjoyed turkey sandwiches, chips, fruit salad, & carrot cake in honor of Easter. And yes...those are the napkins from our wedding. We still have tons left over three years later!

Will even packed some bread so we could feed the ducks. We went on hunt to find some but were unsuccessful. We only found some turtles sunning a log...

So we packed up & tried a different park in Athens that is right up the street from where we live. We had more luck there...

This park has a wild life exhibit! Will was in HEAVEN!


They also have a big pond & a dog park, too!

Anyway...I finally found some ducks! I was happy! =)
After the park & cooling off a little bit, we went & saw The Bounty Hunter in theater! It was so cute!!!
On Saturday, we made some pina coladas & layed out at the pool for awhile! After that we came in & made some Easter eggs!


Of course Will had to make a Braves Easter egg!

I turned our little Easter eggs into deviled eggs!

Will cooked out that night...first cookout of the year! It was delicious as always!
That night we had an Easter egg hunt inside. I hid the eggs for Will & then we switched. I think Bella had the most fun out of everyone!

That cat LOVES Easter eggs!
On Easter Sunday we went to Lakewood & then had lunch at Kathy's house. After lunch Will & I went & ran the course for the 30K relay race we are doing this month. It wasn't as hard as I was thinking it would be, but I definitely have work to do before the big day!
So that's what's been going on lately! I'm looking forward to this week...it is Spring Break for my mom & my other teacher friends! Tomorrow I'm going to spend the night with Mary & Wednesday mom is coming to Athens to spend the night with me! It's gonna be a good week...

No comments:

Post a Comment