Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's raining, again...& it poured!

Well...Will totaled HIS car today.
Poor little guy...today was just not his day. He started off today with a wake-up call from a guy at work wondering where he was. He had overslept about an hour & a half (only the 2nd time in 3 years...I think that's pretty good!)
About 45 minutes later I got a call from a number that I didn't recognize (I don't usually answer if I don't know the number.) A few minutes later the same number called back. I thought it was UGA calling about an appointment I had later in the day. It was 8:00 in the morning...I was just going to call them back later. Then they called a THIRD time! I had thoughts running through my head that it might be the police!!! They would never leave me a message saying that my husband had been in a car accident. They would want to talk to me - not my voicemail. So I answered it!
Yep! My husband had been in an accident.

I was relieved to hear that it was Will, himself, calling me & not someone else saying that he was unable to talk or something terrible like that. He told me that he hydroplaned & flipped his car & that he needed me to come get him. I through on my shoes & headed out the door.

When I got there his car looked horrible. Thank God he was wearing his seat belt & that He was looking after Will!!! He could have been seriously hurt. He hydroplaned all the way across the other side of the road, into a ditch, and flipped. He has a black eye from hitting his head on the steering wheel & a scratched up hand & arm. (But when I got there he was covered in blood & dirt & looked a lot worse...it was scary!)
So ontop of being late, the rain, hyroplaneing, & totaling the car...the cop wrote him a ticket for "slick tires". Not to mention the warning for "failure to maintain lane".
Jerk!

No comments:

Post a Comment